Massages could do wonders for muscle aches, sport casualties, stress and other chronic conditions, but who has the time and money for constant professional massages? This is where you can find comfort while looking for the best massage chairs that we have reviewed below in detail.
We can agree that it can be very relaxing to get a massage after a lengthy day at work. Instead of visiting an expensive spa salon, you can get the top rated massage chairs in the market. Getting the best home massage chair for your lounge can brighten up your day from coming home all tired from work to feeling fresh and energetic within an hour.
Table of Contents
- 1. Real Relax Massage Chair, Full Body Zero Gravity Shiatsu Recliner — A Snug Couch for your Lounge
- 2. Zero Gravity Full-Body Kahuna Massage Chair Recliner LM6800 with Yoga & Heating Therapy — An Ergonomic Office Favorite
- 3. Full Body Electric Shiatsu Massage Chair Recliner — A Customised Recliner
- 4. Ideal Massage Full Featured Shiatsu Chair — Ideal for Bigger People
- 5. RELAXONCHAIR [MK-II Plus] Full Body Zero Gravity Shiatsu Massage Chair — The Zero Gravity Guru
- 6. Top Performance Kahuna Superior Massage Chair with SL-Track 6 Rollers — SM-7300 — Hawaiian Solace
- 7. BestMassage Zero Gravity Full Body Electric Shiatsu Massage Chair Recliner — Shiatsu Savior
- 8. Zero Gravity Full Body Electric Shiatsu UL Approved Massage Chair Recliner — Affordable and Cosy
- 9. Real Relax Full Body Massage Chair Recliner — An Athlete’s Choice
- 10. New FOREVER REST FR-5Ks Premier Back Saver — A Commercial Massage Chair
- 11. OOTORI Full Body Electric Massage Chair — A Holistic De-stressor
- 12. Massage Chair By OOTORI Deluxe S-Track Recliner — Everyday User Friendly
- Our Pick: Recommended Best Massage Chair
- Best Massage Chair – Buyer’s Guide:
- Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
With 48% of Americans believing that their stress has increased over the course of the last five years, 77% of individuals frequently experience stress-induced physical symptoms, according to the American Psychological Association.
Moreover, stress is responsible for 73 percent of all psychological symptoms.
There are numerous massage chair benefits as it can duplicate various techniques of massage. They provide a very satisfying experience, but it can be hard to find the best full body massage chair.
Some of the best massage chair brands in the market are:
- Ootori Massage Chair
- Infinity Presidential Massage Chair
- Commercial Massage Chair
- Dreamwave Massage Chair
- Titan Massage Chair
- Kahuna Massage Chair
Don’t be confused! We have summed up reviews of the best massage chairs. We came up with a list of 12 models worthy of your attention after thorough research and testing.
We’re sure you’ll find the appropriate massage chair for your needs after reading our massage chair reviews and the extensive buyer’s guide we’ve prepared by the end of this article.
Scroll down below to find out the best massage chair that I picked out last month and some general considerations you should keep in mind when you are going to be making your first purchase!
1. Real Relax Massage Chair, Full Body Zero Gravity Shiatsu Recliner — A Snug Couch for your Lounge
If you are looking for the best portable massage chair so you can easily transport it from one place to another for attending to your physiological stretches, then Real Relax is a convenient option.
It has an exclusive armrest linkage system which has an ergonomic design. It also has an embedded arms clip — your arms will feel comfortable while reclining.
The reclining angle can be adjusted to your preference with a four preset of auto programs. You have diverse choices to enjoy a customised massage.
With an eight set of massage rollers with different speed settings for your back, neck and your waist, you can kick back to relax after work.
The heating system can be turned on with a remote control. It is therapeutic as it helps increase the blood circulation and metabolism (also likely to cut down on your fat muscles with regular use).
It includes a foot roller that has an air compression massage for your calves. The air bag, roller massage and a built in heater for your feet provides an extra focus to sore feet — it provides extra relief after running a mile or walking from work to home.
It comes with a remote control that can adjust the speed and intensity of the airbags and the rollers as needed. It is probably the best massage chair for the money.
Honestly, as compared to the other models, this massage chair lacks in the number of exceptional features.
It’s massage techniques tend to be repetitive but you get all the premium features, and they manage to keep it under the price point — making it up for keeps as the best massage chair under 2000.
2. Zero Gravity Full-Body Kahuna Massage Chair Recliner LM6800 with Yoga & Heating Therapy — An Ergonomic Office Favorite
LM-6800 is a specially built L-track massage chair with 4 rollers and air-cell massage system that efficiently massages your shoulders, arms, waist and hips.
What is L-track?
L-track system is a roller trail structure designed to sustain the back and neck through the thighs. This position decompresses the individual spine of your body and enhances the advantages of the massage chair.
In addition to the chair’s ergonomic structural design to deliver the finest massage possible, the LM-6800 is also intended to fit well anywhere in your house.
All thanks to the space-saving technology that during the zero-gravity position, the transformation requires only 3 inches of space from the wall. You can align your chair along with the other furniture and it won’t take up much of your space and still looks great!
What is the Zero Gravity position?
Zero gravity position is the most suitable way to enjoy a massage completely. The best zero gravity massage chair can assist in distributing the weight of a user across the chair. This relieves strain on the body and enables a deeper, more pleasant experience of a massage.
Reducing your body’s stress is so intense that as a consequence you will feel virtually weightless. The therapeutic effects are highly effective when fully reclined, where your legs are higher than your heart level, and can be instantly felt.
Kahuna Signature Program (SH-Chiro) used in the making of this chair is specifically intended for:
- Unlocking the nerve energy of your spinal cord and allowing it to flow better down your spine and throughout your body.
- After use, you will feel the relief of the spine stress.
3. Full Body Electric Shiatsu Massage Chair Recliner — A Customised Recliner
Shiatsu massage chair reviews have indicated the incorporation of traditional physiotherapy by well known brands for more than a decade.
This practise came into being when David Palmer from Sans Francisco invented the first massage chair back in the 1980s.
Today, in the present world, with innovation and new designs, electric chairs like Full Body Electric Shiatsu are commonly used at home and as commercial massage chairs.
Who would have thought that you could open up a personal spa salon in your own house? With the Heat Intelligent Roller System, this chair measures up the length of your spine and neck to give it a targeted relief. Also, on a sleeping mode, it is legit intelligent enough to not come back to a sitting position after you are done with your massage (Nice eh?),
We have gone through many full body massage chair reviews and for the best massage chair under 1000, this comes with a reclining angle of 170 degrees, which means you can lay down while the rollers work up your muscle pain and cramps.
With 7 massage modes (kneading, tapping, stretching, shiatsu, combo, air pressure, heating) the functional diversity makes it an ideal gift choice for your parents or grandparents (especially when you are on a strict budget!).
What are Electric Massage Chairs anyway?
Electric massage chairs cost a fortune, but that’s not the case anymore. Manufacturers have come up with ways to build quality with moderately priced massage chairs, allowing people to set up and reap the benefits at home.
How is it any different from a regular massage chair?
Well, turns out, massage chairs initially used to run on heavy batteries (some still do — avoid them at all costs) until science and technology saved us all from having to worry about the dangerous battery acid spills.
Electric Chairs are beneficial because they are absolutely portable! You can take it all the way across the street to help a granny to unwind, or take a dollar each from everyone in your neighbourhood for a thirty minute session (that’s actually a good way to earn part time too).
4. Ideal Massage Full Featured Shiatsu Chair — Ideal for Bigger People
What else can be the best massage chair in the world for a tall person then a chair that has foot extensions to accommodate your long legs — tall people rejoice!
What is unique about this chair?
This chair is equipped with a four wheel driven muted massage hands (for quiet operation) with vertical movement on an ergonomically designed S-Track Rolling System.
This luxury chair in beige offers four options for massage:
- Rolling: moves up and down, it works like a fixed point of rotating finger(s) pressed for a more direct and efficient massage by a skilled masseuse, which also extends your back.
- Kneading: Reduces muscle pain and helps work out knots.
- Shiatsu: Power rollers are provided to give you an experience provided by a professional masseuse, relaxing stressed muscles, reducing fatigue.
- Vibrators: Situated at the seat cushion — the function of the vibrating massage is to stimulate the constriction of blood vessels.
Which is Better? The S-Track or the L-Track?
The L-track can be as long as 49” compared to the S-track that usually is 28-31” in length. The S-track is limited to the lower back while the L-track can massage down to your glutes and thigh region which is a good option for taller people.
Inflation of the air bladders is excellent (shoulders, arms & hands, legs and feet). The roller has a long length and covers your entire back down to your tailbone. On the relaxation setting, it rolls and then pushes side to side. Feels good.
The bottoms of your feet do come in contact with round balls that are pushed towards your foot’s pressure points as the air bladder fills up. It’s not really massaging your feet as much as pushing on the pressure points. It does include massaging your glutes plus a vibration & heat feature.
The chair does give you a great massage. As the best shiatsu massage chair is also a great way to tend to your muscles sores, tension and general discomfort. When you consider the price, it’s excellent.
5. RELAXONCHAIR [MK-II Plus] Full Body Zero Gravity Shiatsu Massage Chair — The Zero Gravity Guru
Most can agree that massages are relaxing, but science actually backs this up. One study found that just five minutes of massage led to a reduction in heart rate and lowered the levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
A massage chair is also a great option for anyone who wants the benefits of massage but is anxious about being touched by a stranger.
One of the eminent features of the best full body massage chairs is that it works all the way from your spine to your thighs. This thorough massaging leaves no tendons behind to provide you a natural muscle relaxant that is more reassuring than taking any tranquilizer.
RELAXONCHAIR embodies affordability with exceptional quality along with the lumbar back heating system.
What is the Lumbar Back Heating System?
MK – II Plus offers a unique heating technique of providing warmth to the lumbar area of the back. As it can be easily fatigued due to poor posture, constant movement and strain of muscles, or from lifting heavy objects. It features 2 heating pads located in the lumbar area of the back to relieve tension and relax aching muscles.
The Air Massage Technology has specially designed airbags that are strategically located throughout the chair inflate and deflate independently to provide relief of muscle tension and a wonderfully soothing effect.
Deep tissue massage intended to provide the whole body with a profound, human-like massage and provide a stretching feature also known as the “spinal decompression” program.
Full Automatic Programs:
- Features 4 fully automatic programs that are designed to mimic the actions of a professional massage therapist all throughout the body to provide a full body stretching program.
- The chair moves you to a calculated routine with energetic air cells holding your body in location, slowly stretching out your arm and back muscles.
6. Top Performance Kahuna Superior Massage Chair with SL-Track 6 Rollers — SM-7300 — Hawaiian Solace
What is a Kahuna massage chair?
Built on the reputed kahuna massage, this chair is based on the historic therapeutic methods of massage derived from the Hawaiian Kahunas ‘ doctrines and procedures.
The term “kahuna” is taken from “huna” in the ancient Hawaiian language, meaning “secret wisdom”. In other words, a Kahuna was a master craftsman of the huna arts.
It has nine auto programs that cover all your massaging needs:
- Yoga Stretching — Mild stretching to relax the muscles
- Fast Recovery — Uses sports massage therapy to focus on recovery of muscles
- Pain Relief — Targeted to relieve muscles aches using multi techniques
- Relaxation — A soft and soothing massage program that prompts rapid relaxation of muscles
- Athlete — Aids in recovering the muscles that are sore and tense
- Office Person — Targeted on neck and shoulder
- Golfer — Concentrating on lower back, hips, and legs
- Senior Mode — The general body massage is gentle and comfortable
- Dynamic Sport — Overall massage for an active daily life to get a fresh start in the morning
How does SM-7300 massage more effectively as compared to the other models?
- To maximize the massage effect, SM-7300’s specially designed rollers has ‘acupoint bumps’ on the 6 rollers. It will increase the massage effect to user to feel more rejuvenating and give a strong massage effect by increasing the blood flow.
- Accupressure point is present on the arm area as well.
- Accupoint detection system is used for a custom fit body massage.
This titan massage chair is best suited for people who are a bit healthy and tall — at most — it can easily fit an athlete who is 6’5” tall!
7. BestMassage Zero Gravity Full Body Electric Shiatsu Massage Chair Recliner — Shiatsu Savior
If you are looking for the best massage chair under 1000, this might be your ideal choice, With the total length of 47 inches, the LSS Track gives you a quiet massage by solving the noise problem.
The rollers glide all the way down under the seat from the top of the back.
What is Shiatsu massage?
Shiatsu is a popular methodology of massage therapy originated from Japan, based on Chinese medicine and practised by adding elements of Western therapies.
According to the Shiatsu Society, it is the body’s ability to heal itself.
With an enhanced foot roller rolling forward and backwards to soothe your sole and heel, this chair will relieve the stress from the three pressure points of your feet.
It provides a scraping massage, that can heal the cracks in your sole as more blood being pumped to the sole area will ensure plump skin.
We all spend most of the time either working or studying. It can be tiring. For added comfort, I suggest lounging in your massage chair with a cup of your favorite detox tea — a heavenly combo — that you should definitely try.
8. Zero Gravity Full Body Electric Shiatsu UL Approved Massage Chair Recliner — Affordable and Cosy
Whether you work late hours, or a super tired mom or have sensory needs to cater to, massage chairs are a great addition to your household.
The fact that it is UL approved makes it a safe choice for everyday use. You can use it if for disabilities like being handicapped, having down’s syndrome or autism.
As most insurance companies do not cover the cost of a massage chair (as they don’t come with an insurance medical code) so it can be hard to get one especially because they are plain expensive, but man are they good!
- The massage chair has a zero-gravity function.
- There are a total of 35 air bags which are strategically located in the arms, hips, shoulders, thighs, calves, and feet. Multiple levels of intensity from strong to weak massage
- The space saving technology requires a distance of 10 inches from the wall.
- There are two heating pads in the back area that improve the experience of massage. With enhanced blood circulation and less pain, your muscles and joints will recover faster.
- The chairs are built to last and to accommodate a person who is 6’1″ tall and up to 350 lbs.
- In order to offer you an optimal massage experience, 3 preset auto massage programs with diverse modes of massage have been installed. You can also regulate your own massage by choosing the power speed and the airbag pressure.
If this sounds like you, you might want the the best massage chair under 500. It has all the appealing features commonly included in the best zero gravity massage chair — like heat therapy — which makes it a good deal!
9. Real Relax Full Body Massage Chair Recliner — An Athlete’s Choice
Real Relax is probably one of the leading brands of massage chairs as their products are FDA approved.
Due to ability of massage chairs to relieve pain, reduce stress and increase blood flow (according to a study) they are known to help users sleep better (physical recreation along with sleep hygiene – nice!).
What is remarkable about this model?
It has the S-track Robot-Hands system in which 3D robot handles to massage all the way from your neck to your waist providing its users the experience of a masseur working its magic down your spine!
In a vast array of massaging modes — one of its chief modes — is the special ‘Thai stretch’ and the ‘Chinese acupoint massage’. It stands out as one of the pick of the crop among the best home massage chair for heavy duty fitness trainers or experts. It can stretch and pull their muscles along with providing them with deep pressure through the heating and vibrating features.
Its remote control is the definition of style, with the LED screen that can navigate through the six auto programed modes.
As per the massage chair reviews, a disabled veteran declared it as one of the top rated massage chairs for curing his chronic back pain — hearing this made us happy! Is there someone you would like to gift it to see their gratified wellbeing? Well, order away!
While the best massage chair under 2000 might not have an elegant appearance, but this one does! You can totally use it as a home decor for your lounge.
10. New FOREVER REST FR-5Ks Premier Back Saver — A Commercial Massage Chair
Many full body massage chair reviews have indicated the importance of the foot rolling technology that is being offered in our pick for commercial use.
Unlike most chairs in this range that can only offer you acupressure massage, this chair offers you both (foot rolling and foot and calf acupressure) so you will get a more efficient relaxing foot massage.
Massage chair repair can be a hassle, which is why this brand offers customer service for seven days a week to assure that you are not left on your own!
- Air bag massage — built in the shoulders, arms, calves and feet.
- 5 different automatic programs — Auto 1, Relax, Recover, Swing, and Full Body Yoga Stretch.
- Zero gravity positioning — 3 built in recline positions.
- A remote controller — has a built in LCD screen to see which body parts are being massaged.
Shiatsu massage chair reviews have detailed how the use of the shiatsu technique can enhance the efficacy of a massage chair, which is why this chair comes with a manual mode of shiatsu, along with other modes like rolling, knocking, tapping, etc.
This is akin to the best shiatsu massage chair with all the qualities that you would expect in the world’s best massage chair like built in heat, foot rolling and the zero gravity technology.
11. OOTORI Full Body Electric Massage Chair — A Holistic De-stressor
If you are struggling to find the best ootori massage chair for your living room, then you might want to consider our next opton.
There are a lot of massage chair benefits that we can inculcate in our daily routine by going for a chair that has both — the ability to de-stress and the capability to energize.
This chair is packed with an eight point massage system, an acupuncture-inspired foot roller system and a re-engineered air massage design that offers a holistic massage experience.
What is the 8 point massage system?
The massage chair features an 8-roller smart-massage system that automatically matches the contours of your back and adapts to the shape of your body, providing a massage customized just for you.
The chair’s built-in air massage works together with the 8-point system to deliver a true full-body massage that will leave you smiling in bliss as your stress and pain melt away.
What is the Acupuncture-inspired foot roller system?
Located at the bottom of each footrest, foot rollers stimulate specific acupuncture points on your feet which help to relieve muscle tension and stress from your body.
At the same instant, the automatic air massage system operates to apply mild downward pressure on your lower legs to create the deepest and most relaxing massage possible.
What does a re-engineered air massage design mean?
The massage chair has an upgraded and re-engineered air massage system that reduces the number of airbags and valves, and, at the same time, increases the surface coverage. This new design reduces the chance of airbag malfunctions and results in a better quality and more complete massage.
12. Massage Chair By OOTORI Deluxe S-Track Recliner — Everyday User Friendly
The massage chair OOTORI is intended to provide multiple forms of massage treatment. It’s ideal for those who deal with pain and fatigue related to working out, long days at work, or just general daily activities.
Ootori A-600 Deluxe S-Track comes with numerous features to enjoy:
- A full body air massage on the throat, shoulders, arms, calves, etc.
- Heating and vibration on the lower back to soothe your back and waist.
- Three stages of zero gravity to opt from (initial, comfort & deep).
- Detection of your height, figure and spine by a computer body scan.
- S-track massage system straight from the head to the waist.
- Three levels of massage speeds with an adjustable intensity of the airbag.
- The legs are stretched to accommodate different individuals of varying heights.
- Foot rollers to boost the flow of your blood.
Our Pick: Recommended Best Massage Chair
So, here comes the important part (that I had been waiting to write for long!). So what is my favorite massage chair? I had to go through a lot of researching, even went to a few friends to check out their massage recliners, but most of them had a drawback or two that didn’t satisfy me.
So after much, hunting and sweating, my heart locked onto the best rated massage chair which is the “Top Performance Kahuna Superior Massage Chair with SL-Track 6 Rollers — SM-7300”.
Trust me, this is a must have for everyone experiencing back pains and stuff. An athlete, an office worker, an older adult, a kid, a veteran — it has several modes that works for everyone. Besides, no matter what your BMI is, this chair will fit you snuggly within its soft velvet leather covering.
I come back home for it, even when I have to leave for somewhere after work, I dedicate a special time to let it work my muscles into a smoothie. I absolutely love my weekends, with a scented candle, ganache and a binge of my favorite TV shows — and this isn’t just me — everyone who visits me loves it. No matter how tired my visitors are, they often reluctantly ask if they can spend some time on it.
The best part:
Apart from everyone telling me that they are going to buy one for themselves too, this chair has saved my back. I recently got a strain on my lower back and I started with the “Yoga Stretch” mode in the morning, the “Relaxation” mode before sleeping and the “Fast Recovery” mode when I reach home and I felt amazing within a few days. Unbelievable recovery. I love it now.
It is a bit pricey and finding the best massage chair under 500 might be a dream come true, but with that budget it will be more like buying a couch than a massage chair, which is why — at this price — this is one of the best massage chair in the world.
Best Massage Chair – Buyer’s Guide:
There are some features you should keep your eye out for before pulling the trigger on a massage chair. What are the features that a typical world’s best massage chair is guaranteed to have?
It all depends on what you are looking for, but if you’ve got some extra cash squirreled away you could certainly get a chair with all the top features.
Here are some considerations to take into account before you click that buy button:
- Cost & Shipping Options — Budget is going to be the biggest factor for most folks when they are considering an investment into a massage chair. Shipping can further — and in some cases — greatly increase the overall cost of getting the chair to your home.
- Warranty — A key factor to look for when shopping massage chairs is the warranty. Longer, comprehensive warranties should signal the fact that the manufacturer has confidence in their product and its longevity.
- Power or Manual Recline — Most of the pricier models will have power everything, but in some cases you’ll have a handle that enables you to manually recline the chair.
- Heated Massage Chair — Just like the heated seats in luxury vehicles, some massage chairs also come with heating functionality. On a cold winter day, it’s heaven.
- Settings and Programs — You’d be surprised at how loaded some of these massage chairs are, there are so many bells and whistles on some of them it can actually come with a bit of a learning curve to get everything down.
- Extras — Bonus features such as handheld or panel remote controls, music players, headphone ports, 3D robotic massage, and bluetooth audio player are nice extras to have.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Are massage chairs good for your health?
Not only do massage chairs relieve aches and pains, but they can also assist in reducing the cortisol level responsible for stress. Using a massage chair frequently can have lasting good impacts on your physical and mental health.
Are massage chairs worth buying?
If you want to use it most of the time, buying a massage chair is certainly worth the investment. If you regularly need a hand massage, get this instead.
Can massage chairs be harmful?
Though massage chairs are almost universally safe, there are a few people who should take care when using these chairs. This includes people with serious, unhealed wounds; serious infectious diseases, broken bones, circulatory ailments, and infectious skin rashes and diseases.
How long can I sit in a massage chair?
Thirty minute massages can be given comfortably in a chair or on a table, fully clothed or undressed. For several reasons, the advantages of a massage chair are best accomplished in shorter intervals. The suggested time to spend in a massage chair is 15 minutes.
Do massage chairs use a lot of electricity?
A massage chair operating with all features continuously utilizes about the same electricity as a desktop computer for a full-body massage from head to toe. It takes absolutely no electricity when the chair is not in use.
Massage chairs are a lifesaver for many, but if you are more of a nature enthusiast than a couch person, you can go for the basic zero gravity chair for your garden where you can sit back and enjoy the weather — all while reclining!
Although, due to the ability of massage chairs to relieve pain, reduce stress and increase blood flow, according to a study, they are known to help people sleep better (physical recreation along with sleep hygiene — nice!).
Your body aches on a daily basis. What are you going to do about it? You can either keep a masseur on the speed dial or order your very own massage chair to unwind after a long day — get yours now!