The day after Thanksgiving, as we all know, is Black Friday. However, we like to think that it’s more than just another day to shop. Especially as sales have moved more online and Cyber Monday has expanded, this really means that you have more time to spend with family and loved ones — which is exactly what we recommend doing on Black Friday.
Take a look below at our biggest recommendations for an enjoyable Friday and let us know what you do! It’s a wonderful time to get together and have fun if you already have family in town. And, of course, be sure to check out our kitchen appliance reviews while you’re here.
Take a Hike — Don’t Forget the Dogs!
After a full day of feasting and drinking, it’s a great time to get out and enjoy Mother Nature. The weather may be brisk depending on where you are, so bundle up, get outside, and partake of all that nature has to offer. You can even take a family photo while you’re out!
Too many leftovers to eat? See if you can donate some of them to a local shelter. Even better, see if there’s a food pantry, soup kitchen, homeless shelter, or animal shelter where you and your friends or family can donate some time and energy. After a whole day of being thankful the day before, it’s a great time to share with others.
Whether it’s cold out or not, it’s always a good time for some good ol’ fashioned family game time. Here are some of our very favorites:
- Bananagrams: It’s like a fast-paced scrabble that people of all ages can enjoy. This game adapts easily for more or fewer players, making it an instant win for Black Friday.
- Skull: This bluffing and strategy game has a rich history, is easy to learn, and fast to play. If you like Liars’/Pirates’ Dice, then this is a great game for your collection.
- Code Names: If you haven’t jumped on the Code Names bandwagon yet, then now is your time. It’s creative but easy to learn and more than 8 people can play!
- Cover Your Assets: We love a good Grandpa Beck game, and this is one for sure. Careful: the winner can rapidly change in the last round! Competitive families will love this card game.
- Azul: When you’re wanting something less competitive but still lovely and fun, this is the one for you. It’s aesthetically beautiful with the mosaic tile placing, while still being fun and creative.
- Hero Realms: Calling all nerds! This is a family favorite of ours; it has luck, strategy, betrayal, and just about everything that makes a game great. There may be a bit of a learning curve at first, but it’s smooth sailing and sure to be a favorite from there.
- Pandemic: This list wouldn’t be complete without a pandemic — pun intended. We’re already in the midst of a pandemic, so why not lean in and have fun with this strategy game where your family can work together?
Shop the Sales (online)
We may be all about spending time with family on Black Friday, but we’d be remiss as a product review website to not mention the savings you could get! What we love about this is that you can find all the information you need here and get your shopping done within an hour. Get up a bit early, sip on some coffee, and make your purchases before the whole house wakes up! Check out Best 2021 Black Friday Deals for Your Kitchen for our most recent blog post about the best Black Friday deals. You should also check out our kitchen appliance reviews — updated year-round, not just around the holidays — to help you make good decisions regarding your kitchen products.
Set Some Goals
We still have some time before January 1, but now is a great time to start reflecting and setting goals. After all, the more you think and commit now, the easier and more effective and long-lasting those changes will be come January. In fact, some years we like to start our goals a little early so they’re starting to become habits by the beginning of the new year.
Never Leave the Couch
And, of course, you have the option to just never even leave the couch. If you have family or friends in town and nothing above sounds appealing or you’re just too doggone tired, then there’s nothing wrong with simply chilling and enjoying your time together. Throw on some movies, drink some cocoa, and enjoy some well-deserved time off.
Kitchen Appliance Reviews? You’re Covered
Here at Home Kitchenary, we believe that the kitchen is where memories are made — and no holiday exemplifies that quite like Thanksgiving. So take a look at our product review website and find the kitchen appliance reviews that are right for you. From the best pressure cookers to coffee makers, coffee beans, and so much more, we have the product reviews you’re looking for. This holiday season, count on us to make your shopping simple, affordable, and — dare we say it? — enjoyable.